Sunday 12 April 2009

Diary - Day One

Was not sure where to start today, so I thought I would give you an insight into my family.

We are a family of 4, there is myself, Tracy aged 35, my husband, Steve aged 34 and our 2 children, Taylor aged 4 and Casey aged 2.

My husband Steve had 2 brothers, sadly, his twin brother died in 1993 shortly after Steve and I meet in a car crash, which Steve walked away unhurted by Neil died.

His other brother, Lee is 40 years old and lives in Derby with his wife and 3 children.

My husband sadly lost his mum in 1995 to Spinal Cancer which she orginally had when she was pregnant with Lee and overcome this, although it left her disabled. Steve and Neil were later born by IVF. Steve's mum was a very caring and gentle woman who I feel very fortunate enough to have known, but the death of Neil broke her heart and she never recover from the tradegy.

Steve's dad lived locally until his death in October 2008 to Bowel Cancer, he lived with his long term partner Coral and was with her for 30 years. Steve and his dad were very close during Steve's adult life and the shock of his death hit him hard.

As a family we are very close to Coral and her family and consider her as part of our family, so in this blogg Coral is referred to as my mother-in-law. Coral and her family have been wonderfully supportive of our situation although we kept almost all the situation from her due to my father-in-law's illness, we felt they had enough to deal with.

Steve's only other remaining close relative is his grandfather who was 95 years old this year. He too, lives close by.

I come from a family of 4, I have one sister, Samantha aged 33 years old who is married and has two children, Luke aged 4 and Daniel aged 2 and they live in High Wycombe.

Both my parents are alive and live in Waltham Abbey and have been married for 38 years.

I have a large extended family and my dad is one of 12 brother and sisters and I am one of approximately 25 cousins. _____________________________________________________________________

Sunday, 12 April 2009


The day started late today, the children had slept in with Steve so I could have a lay in, slept to 8.30am, woohoo!!!

The kids and Steve were up at 6.30am and by the time got up the bed was away and the kids were having breakfast.

Off to my mum and dad's today, so won't spend much time at the Shelter today.

Rushed around and got ready, have to work around the other family we share the bathroom with, but Donna was on her own today so it was not too bad.

Got the kids ready and Casey was straight out the front door with his ball to play. As long as you can see him he is very safe. No cars are allowed around the back of the Shelter unless they are working on site. Taylor follows suit on her bike.

Taylor and Casey have a few things to play with like a bike, scooter and balls, but with very little space you cannot have many toys for them.

So off we go, cannot forget to sign in, so looking like the bag people we leave it our black bag of washing which my mum does for us, sign in for morning and off we go!

Finally we are all in the car, after having to go and retreive Casey, who refuses to move!

On route to my mum and dad's Taylor sits and read a Mr Men's book she has found in the car and its great to hear her making up her little stories as we drive. Waltham Abbey is about 5 miles from North Weald, so not far.

Arriving at mum and dad's, Casey goes crazy when he realises where we are and cannot wait to get out of the car and Taylor is gone before you have a chance to say anything.

Inside the children are given the Easter gifts, although they get a couple of eggs from other people, mum and dad and us always give them gifts. So this year, we brought Taylor a new chinning bar to practise her gymnastics on and Casey his first skates.

Mum and Dad brought Casey a Scooter (he also got a large ride-on trucker for his birthday which was part of his easter gift) and Taylor a bag, hat and suit for her dolly. Yes, my parents spoil them!!!

Casey spends time on his skates and is falling everywhere, while Taylor sits and does some cross-stitch and drawing on the DS Lite.

The day flies by and before we know its time to go! We leave about 7pm and off we go back home, if that is what you call it! By the time we get home the kids are asleep and we transfer them straight to bed, peace and quiet, not much to do now though, so start writing this blogg in-between playing on the Wii/Wii Fit, this is the thing that keeps Steve and I sane, its something to do and its fun.

When we were told we were going to be put it in the Shelter we were advised by the Council not to take anything expensive with us, so armed with only necessarities we put everything else into storage with friends and family. So everyone else has DVD players, all computer consoles and mode cons with them and we have nothing. So we got a Wii, got to pay for it yet, but its something to do and it gives us a bit of light relieve from everything.

So as we have not spent much time in the Shelter today I thought I would use this to give you some more information on the Shelter.

The Shelter consists of a large brick house which is a real eye-sore and the locals hate it. Many years ago Steve and I were looking at buying a house in North Weald and we were told constantly by the local not to look at that end of the village due to the Shelter as there is nothing but trouble.

In the last 7 weeks there has been no trouble at all, the Shelter is quiet day and night. During the day you will find mum sitting outside or in each others rooms whilst the infants play and during the evening no-one is about and the Shelter is deserted outside.

But at the end of the day, if we had not had the unpleasant experience of living here our opinion would not have change, we would have continued to believe the gossip.

The first day Steve and I went down the Shelter to have a look prior to becoming a resident. Approaching the site was frightening, you hoped no-one was behind you in the car or you don't have to stop to let on-coming traffic pass, cos you then know they know where you are going!! I still feel the same now and I don't think this feeling will every pass.

I remember pulling up in the car park and the place looked deserted. We wandered around the site to see if we could look around, but no-one was around and we came to our own conclusion, we just wanted to run and never turn back!!!! On the way home all I could do was cry!

So I am going to leave it at that today and I will see you again tomorrow.

Again, I attached a list of the sites I am promoting.

http://proconsumerguide.com - The site with the article on

http://taybelle15.thebestbizreview.com/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/adware/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/anti-spyware/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/anti-virus/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/auto-bargains/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/detective/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/dog-training/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/dvd-copy/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/games/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/popup-blocker/ http://taybelle15.bezoogle.com/pp/registry/






1 comment:

Laura Bell said...

Tracy,

I am wondering if blog is spelled with two g's in England. It stands out as a misspelled word anywhere else.

You have a good handle on what you are doing, but would like to know what happened that landed you there.

I was homeless by myself in 2004 and there were no shelters around and I made friends with a park bench and the backseat of a friend's car.

Try writing in the software online and it will eliminate the trouble with the weird spacing between the paragraphs.

Best.
Laura
writer@well.com
divorcedseniors.blogspot.com/