Saturday 25 April 2009

Day 14 Diary - Living in a Homeless Shelter

Saturday, 25th April 2009

Last we all got a wonderful night's sleep, Casey still woke up and came in with us and I ended up on the edge of the mattress being squeezed by Casey, but that is doable! Steve was working today and for the first time in a long while I did not even hear him go!

Up today at 8am as we have to be at Gymnastics today so yet again we are in a rush as they children need baths before we leave. All out the door at 9.25am, sign in before I leave and off we go!

I do try and stay and watch her at Gymnastics but today I walk Casey over the market to get the fruit and veg whilst she is in Gymnastics and then go back to watch the last 45 mins. Today they are doing handstands on the bar and general walking, kicks, dips etc on the beam followed by rope climbing for strength building. Taylor may only be tiny, but she was the only one who got to the top and range the bell, I am very proud of her!

Steve's finishing later than he thought so after Gymnastics we have to take him some lunch as he has forgotten his wallet. On the journey, Taylor decides she wants to know what my name will be when I get bigger and marry again. No matter how I try to tell her that I will not grow any bigger and I have no intentions of marrying anyone else as I am married to dad and very happy, she thinks I will! How to they come up with these concepts in their little minds.

We finally make it to Steve's work and the children have a tour of the factory and Steve shows them how the machine works. This is a regular occurence every time we go to Steve's work, but the children love it.

They get upset when we have to leave because they want to stay and watch, but Steve is busy and its not possible and safe enough for them.

The factory is full high with paper and jobs already completed for the Dorchester Hotel, Steve has been working on their new menu, its differently an eye opener. Until 4 years ago we use to have the staff christmas party at the Dorchester Hotel in London. The Hotel use to pay for everything as a thank you for all the work done and we use have a limosene takes us up, followed by a dinner and dance and a stay overnight, it was real treat! But some of the older staff did not what to do it no more so things changed.

It was really nice to be treated to something like that, when in normally circumstances you would not get the chance to stay there, but at least Steve and I went for 6 years before things changed.

Back at the Shelter and Casey is asleep, so I take all the shopping in and Taylor goes off to play, I get Casey out very carefullyin the hope that he will stay asleep and I can have a couple of hours to myself, but not my luck he is awake and bouncing round like Tigger!! So he goes off to play as well, but Taylor and the gang have gone in the forest and Casey is not going, I don't really like Taylor going, but I can see her, but Casey is way too young!

Taylor and the gang are building a treehouse and I don't see her for most of the afternoon, but I play outside with Casey and play ball and speak to the other resident. The family of six still have not decided what to do, they are going to phone on money to see if the property is on the list for a refurbishment as it is in desperate need of work before they decide.

The children Taylor plays with have just come and out of the forest as they are off to the nan's and only one of them are dressed, one is in her pyjamas and t-shirt and the other in a all-in-one leotard and dressing gown. I could never let my children out dressed like, but to make things worst they then leave to go to their nan's and they don't get changed, thats how they go dressed! Don't figure with me any how!

Steve is home at 4.45pm and I do dinner, then its the normal regime, dinner, bed and baths. Steve and I play on the WII and watch some TV and off to bed, Steve is knackered!

See ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

what an amazing story you are telling.
I will share this with my meditation students and we will hold you in our thoughts as the days unfold.