Tuesday 21 April 2009

Day Ten Diay - Life in a Homeless Shelter

Tuesday, 21st April 2009

Well after last night's events, motherhood is definitely not great, god I am exhausted. My night time adventures started at 11pm, when Casey woke up, moved him in with Steve and I went in his bed, which is too small in length so tried desperately to get to sleep even though my feet were hanging off the end. Just got comfy and Casey started screaming, so up again to pacify him and decided to get in with Casey and Steve, but not comfy so up again and moved Taylor in with Steve and Casey, but by now I am awake and was struggling to go to sleep.


Just doze off and Casey again, finally fell asleep at 3.30am and then he woke me up at 5.45am again and this time he went straight down with a cuddle and did not wake to 7.30am.


But now we are late for school and it is one massive panic to get out in time, slightly late and then there is heavy traffic through Epping and Taylor is late! Oh god what a great start to the day, never mind!

Spent the morning at the Shelter, it is a beautiful day so Casey and I went in the park where another little boy from the Shelter was playing.

Whilst the played I was speaking to his mum and they have been in Shelter since February 2009 and can start bidding in May. Prior to coming in the Shelter they were sharing a two bed with her mum and sister and her and her son were sharing room with her sister. The Council said that this living arrangement was acceptable and only agreed to them coming in the Shelter because her mum said she had thrown her out.

Dave came round again today, we meant to be doing some paperwork but spent all our time on the WII, we are officially obsessed!

My dad collected Taylor from School and I took Casey down to Waltham Abbey a bit later as they are spending the night with my parents as we have the scattering of my father-in-law's ashes tomorrow.

Steve was working late and did not finish until 5pm so when he got home we had dinner and the three of us played on the WII most of the evening, we are very competitive!!! One of the teenagers came in and played as well and earlier in the evening I was speaking to her mum who was saying she had been informed that there would be nothing for her to bid on this week, which means after 2 rounds of bids she has not been successful leaving her with only 2 more bids before the Council make a direct bid on her behalf, she is very worried.

Dave left at 9pm and I had relaxing bath, whilst Steve continued to master the Ski Jumping then we are settling down to watch Desperate Housewifes.

Here's to a good night's sleep - Yippee

See ya tomorrow

No comments: